allen & gerritsen (a&g) is a fiercely independent advertising agency located in the cities where independence was born, Boston and Philadelphia. Innovation and culture drive our success. We spark and facilitate powerful conversations between decision makers and brands. And constantly find new ways for brands to engage with their audiences in ways they never could have imagined.
Here at a&g, we run our own innovation think/make tank (a&g Labs), curate our own branded entertainment (#afewgoodminutes) and embed brands into the cultural conversation through our brand newsroom. And we were named by Ad Age as the “Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media.”
At A&G, we love coming to work every day. That might sound a little ridiculous, but ridiculous is kind of the norm around here. A ridiculous cast of characters. Coming up with ridiculous ideas. That produce ridiculous results.
We’re square pegs making our way in a round world. Trailblazers. And status‐quo‐agitators.
It’s an ethos thing – unconventional and far from ordinary. Permeating throughout the agency, it drives us to be extraordinary.
This is why we created the Culture Code. It’s not a weird secret language. It’s simply the core values we live by. And as we continue to grow and evolve, these values keep us working as one:
- Unapologetically Three‐Dimensional. We believe that putting our heart and soul into our work doesn’t mean logging 80 hours a week chained to a desk in a windowless room. It means bringing our outside interests inside. Because we’re useless trivia savants & washed up rock stars & Optimus Prime enthusiasts & urban farmers & reality check distributors & base stealers & food devotees & daydream believers. Our ampersands represent who we are. And who we are – unapologetically three‐dimensional – is what makes our agency unique. So we encourage them. Invest in them. And change them. Constantly.
- Achievers. Not Credit Seekers. What we create is more important than who creates it. We’re self‐reliant, self‐confident, self‐starters. Scrappy do‐it‐yourselfers. And while super important job titles sound nice in client meetings and look cool on business cards, we reject the notion that people should “know their role” within a corporate food chain. Because we believe your job title shouldn’t exempt you from doing the little things.
- Each of Us Inspires All of Us. Your participation is mandatory. You might not think it’s Earth shattering, mind blowing or life changing, but every contribution is agency shaping. So we champion different points of view. And harness each other’s passions. Because the more we push each other, the farther we go.
- We Work for Each Other, Not for Ourselves. Being talented is important but it’s not everything. It’s just one piece of our giant jigsaw puzzle of an agency. We’re stubbornly exclusive, holding out for people who will work great together. Mesh together. And grow together. And so we lead each other. Call bullshit on each other. Help each other. And make fun of each other. You can be a lot of things here. But an asshole is not one of them.
- Uncharted Territory is Our Playground. If there’s a problem to solve, we jump in with both feet. We push boundaries. We ask why, and why not. We boldly go where no whiteboard has ever gone before. We explore. We experiment. We go big. Then we go home. Then we come back and do it the next day. We’re a little badass. We’re a little brainy. And if we’re not making mistakes, we’re not trying hard enough. It’s about making ourselves and our clients a little uncomfortable. Because uncomfortable leads to unbelievable success.
Top 3 Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- We are in the seaport/innovation district right next to a concert venue, Blue Hill Pavilion, that hosts summer concerts.
- Boston is a college town, so there are great things to do around the city and great tourist attractions: Red Sox Games, Duck Tours, Strolling along the Charles River.
- Independence day in Boston is like no other.
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2016 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- You can submit ideas to our Labs' team.
- You'll have an intimate lunch with our CEO.
- We have the nicest people you'll ever work with.