Program goals & objectives
- Provide Fellows with a valuable learning experience, challenging work assignments and an insider’s view of the advertising field.
- Provide the agency with a “pipeline” of tested, evaluated, and proven talent to recruit upon graduation to fill entry-level positions.
- Provide the agency with a continuous flow of fresh and innovative ideas, and assistance with on-going work and special client projects.
- Provide Fellows with an agency “sponsor” who can serve as a professional role model and supervisor throughout the internship and perhaps beyond.
- Provide Fellows with on-going performance feedback and formal evaluations to identify strengths and areas for continued development.
SUPERVISOR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Freely share your own knowledge and skills so that your Fellow can quickly become a contributing member of your department.
- Provide training, coaching, counseling and challenging experiences leading to increased knowledge, skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Serve as a positive role model for your fellow.
- Provide your Fellow with the direction, resources and support necessary to successfully meet or exceed the requirements of the job.
- View your supervisor responsibilities as one of your job priorities.
- Monitor performance and share performance expectations and feedback on a regular basis.
- Formally evaluate your Fellow during the 10-week agency experience.
fellow role & responsibilities
- Consistently seek guidance and constructive feedback from supervisor and colleagues within your department.
- Attend all scheduled seminars and other MAIP sanctioned events.
- Adhere to the established work schedule.
- Meet all deadlines for assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude, demonstrating a willingness to support the team in whatever capacity necessary to best serve the client(s).
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, accepting all assignments as a challenge and a learning opportunity.
- Participate in MAIP Summer Project