Agency: McCann Detroit
Location: Detroit, MI
So what makes us different? Well, at McCann Detroit, we live, breathe and believe in a radical concept: the truth. Why is that so important to us? Well, we see too many brands struggling to be something they’re not. But for a brand to be successful, it must leverage what they really are, rather than what they think they are. The truth comes from many places. From within your company. From your customers. From the cultural backdrop. Or from the competitive environment. Our strategic process starts deep inside your brand, discovering equities, stories and plans that connect with the hard data surrounding your business. Because the truth lives in data, observations and real-life experiences. We don’t erase the past in hopes of creating something new and exciting. Instead, we search for the “wow, that’s us.” That idea you’ve been dancing around but maybe never quite articulated. Of course, discovering your brand’s truth is just the beginning. Once we find it, we then craft a compelling story around it. One that intrigues, entertains, informs and convinces. Because the truth is, people love brands that tell good stories. That’s the process we used to turn a state advertising campaign into one of the best, most loved tourism campaigns of all time, according to Forbes Magazine. It’s how we persuade thousands of grocery shoppers every day to shop and save at ALDI. It’s how we help guide people around the world to make their second most important purchase decisions of their lives in favor of General Motors. And it’s how we’ll create something powerful for your brand.
Top 3 Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- In a 25 minute drive you could be in another country - Canada!
- Being in Michigan, there are so many outdoor activities you could do whether its hiking, biking, swimming, boating, skiing, it all can be done in any of our county parks.
- Visit puremichigan.org for a full list of things to do in our city (plus, it's one of our most successful ad campaigns!)
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2016 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- We continue to win new business and are looking forward to an exciting year ahead!
- We're passionate about doing great work for our clients, loving what we do, decorating for Halloween and chili cook-offs.
- Our office is dog-friendly :)