MEC is a leading global media agency, with over 5,000 highly talented and motivated people working with category leading advertisers in 93 countries. MEC is a founding partner of GroupM, the world's largest media investment group. On a global level, GroupM is responsible for one in three advertisements! At MEC, we have a desire to be more than just ordinary, and we have a THRIVE manifesto that is meant to motivate, encourage and inspire our people to deliver not good, but great, work. Our focus is on growth - growth of our people, growth of our clients, and growth of the industry.
Top 3 Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- Marie's Crisis Cafe - a great piano bar in the west village where everyone sings show tunes
- Rockwood Music Hall
- Check out a variety of parks - Summer Stage in Central Park, Hudson River Park, Highline, Brooklyn Bridge Park
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2017 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- We truly focus on our people - from sports teams to mindfulness/yoga sessions to happiness and stress management courses to Spirit Weeks and Puppies & Pizza days - we offer an aour culture recognizes that personal passions and development are as important as professional passions and goals.
- Our Executive Committee holds a weekly open forum called "Ask Me Anything", where anyone, from anywhere in the company, can literally ask them anything. Nothing is off limit. Questions have ranged from the serious (agency and client news) to the fun (including a round of 2 Truths and a Lie).
- Our vision is for MEC to be known as a place where talent thrives. As an agency, we pride ourselves on recognizing the value of the individual and the different perspectives, backgrounds, experiences and ways of working each of us brings. But it’s not enough to say that we want to have the best culture, we also have to make sure that our actions – collectively and individually – align with our intent. Last year we launched the Brave Your Bias initiative, designed to help everyone uncover hidden biases that may inadvertently be impacting their behaviors in a way that creates inequities. This is an ongoing initiative.