Call it a passion for giving back, a penchant for great advice, or an excuse to bring out that old soap box,
the biggest requirement to being a mentor is - drum roll - hearT. Yep, bring that internal drumbeat of yours along for the new MAIP mentorship program.
What's not required?
- Being a MAIP alumnus/a.
- Being multicultural. (While MAIP is designed for college students from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in the advertising industry, MAIP mentors may be of any racial or ethnic background.)
Here are the rest of the requirements:
- Currently work as an advertising or marketing professional in one of the major disciplines - Account, Creative, Media, Planning, Production, etc. - or be a MAIP alumnus/a;
- Commit to mentoring activities from April through the end of the year;
- Communicate with mentee at least once every two weeks through 2016;
- Attend the MAIP mentor & mentee activities, such as the #MAIP2016
Kick-Off celebration, The Face of Talent Evening Reception, and/or other events in your city.