At TBWA\Chiat\Day, we have always striven to make work that connects deeply with people through an understanding of brands and why they exist. To do this, we must unlock the soul of a brand and in turn its humanity. Our mantra: "Be more human, when in doubt, be more dog." is written on the side of our building as a reminder that being more human is a promise to ourselves as a company as well as a contract we enter into with the brands we love to work with. It is a promise that we will all walk in open minded, curious, challenging and above all caring. Caring about the work we create and the people we create it with.
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2016 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- Chiat Day in 1984 help to anoint the superbowl as THE premier television event (and now online) where a brand can take it's message to the largest audience in North America (and the globe). Apple's historic TV "1984" created by Chiat Day and directed by Ridley Scott ran one time on national television and the face of advertising was changed forever helping to launch one of the most famous brands in history, the Apple Macintosh Computer.
- Chiat Day helped pioneer the idea of hot desking (way before it's time) and the concept of open office environment. We continue to evolve how we work to encourage the greatest amount of creativity.
- If you couldn't tell by our mantra, we are a dog friendly environment.
Top 3 Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- Los Angeles is a city converging and evolving faster than any other city in the US. There's a famous quote from a song "No one walks in LA." which couldn't be further from the truth. Now you can bike, uber/lyft and train from Santa Monica to Downtown where we have a growing, music, comedy and food scene.
- Being that our office is only 10 minutes from the ocean, our people often surf in the morning and come into the office before work.
- TBWA Chiat is sitting at the epi-center of technology on the west side while still retaining it's core Californian values.
#maipalum at agency:
- Jonathan Carmona, Digital Strategist, LA
- Adrian Womack, Integrated Production Coordinator, LA