Location: Kansas City, MO
VML is a contemporary marketing agency that moves brands forward by inspiring a human connection. VML’s clients include Bridgestone, Colgate-Palmolive, Dell, Electrolux/Frigidaire, Ford, the Kellogg Company, Kimberly-Clark, New Balance, PepsiCo, Sprint, and Wendy’s. Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, VML joined the world’s largest communications services group, WPP, in 2001. VML has more than 2,500 employees with principal offices in 28 locations across six continents.
Top Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- The Kansas City metropolitan area is renowned for barbecue. Kansas City, Missouri, has more than 100 barbecue restaurants.
- Kansas City is known as one of the popular “cradles of jazz”. The hard-swinging, bluesy transition style is bracketed by Count Basie who in 1929 signed with the Bennie Moten's Kansas City Orchestra and Kansas City native Charlie Parker who was to usher in the Bebop style in the 1940s.
- Recognized internationally as one of the finest general art museums in the United States, the Nelson-Atkins maintains collections of nearly 40,000 works of art.
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2017 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- VML’s global headquarters is located in an active municipal airport in downtown Kansas City.
- Our global headquarters is undergoing a massive renovation that will expand our footprint to nearly 100,000 square feet.
- 2017 is VML’s 25th anniversary and will included added celebrations to our already vibrant culture.