Location: Chicago, IL
VML is a contemporary marketing agency that moves brands forward by inspiring a human connection. VML’s clients include Bridgestone, Colgate-Palmolive, Dell, Electrolux/Frigidaire, Ford, the Kellogg Company, Kimberly-Clark, New Balance, PepsiCo, Sprint, and Wendy’s. Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, VML joined the world’s largest communications services group, WPP, in 2001. VML has more than 2,500 employees with principal offices in 28 locations across six continents.
Top Interesting Facts or Things to Do in the Agency's Host City?
- Chicago is home to 26 miles of beautiful lakefront on Lake Michigan. This includes an 18.5-mile lakefront path and many beaches. Who says you can’t have the best of both worlds?
- Although it’s known as the Second City, Chicago is a city of many firsts! The world’s first skyscraper – the Home Insurance Building - was built here in 1885. The Ferris Wheel debuted in 1893 at the World’s Columbian Exposition.
- Willis Tower is the second tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, standing at 1,353’ with 110 stories. Four states are visible from the top – Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Top 3 Interesting Facts a #MAIP2017 Fellow Won't Find on the Agency's Website?
- VML’s global headquarters is located in an active municipal airport in downtown Kansas City.
- Our global headquarters is undergoing a massive renovation that will expand our footprint to nearly 100,000 square feet.
- 2017 is VML’s 25th anniversary and will include added celebrations to our already vibrant culture.